1st Light Energy Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior PV Solar Installer
at 1st Light Energy Inc
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Prepping homes for panel installation by installing roof railings and stand offs
- Mounting solar panels on homes
- Properly flashing all roof penetrations
- Conducting some light electrical work including running electrical DC wires to inverters
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment
- Work with crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment
- Install all rack grounding and DC wiring. Install and connect modules per plan.
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and complaints to the best of your ability
- Understand the full scope of work for a given project
- Walk over the job with inspector and take care of final
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to distinguish colors, because cables and wires are usually color-coded.
Excellent physical condition, stamina, and willingness to work at heights. Ability to lift at least 60 pounds in order to handle heavy cable and solar panels.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School diploma or a GED certificate
- 2+ years of previous solar installation experienced Preferred
- NABCEP Certification Preferred
- Must have electrical, roofing or construction experience
- Experience complying with OHSA safety requirements and regulations
- Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions and environments
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Professional appearance and excellent customer service
- Great attention to detail
- Good Attendance
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Willingness to work long hours, often in unpleasant weather conditions