Aera Energy Services Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aera Energy Services Company
Aera Energy is one of California’s largest oil and gas producers, accounting for nearly 25% of the state’s production and represent almost 100 years of industry leadership and commitment to California. We are characterized by our excellent safety and environmental performance, innovative business practices, application of cutting-edge technology, dynamic company culture, and active community involvement.
Aera is looking for candidates who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves-authentic individuals who believe in having a career that makes a meaningful impact on our company and the world.
We are looking for the brightest minds and boldest spirits; people with a passion for learning, growing, and continuously improving and innovating. We want individuals who live our values each and every day and will help us power great todays and better tomorrows.
Position Key Deliverables:
- This position is responsible for optimizing the performance of a water flood recovery project through well and pattern surveillance.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Well and pattern level surveillance.
- Enabling the delivery of area production targets through surveillance and optimization of areal and vertical sweep.
- Enabling the delivery of area production targets through effective lift optimization.
- Ensuring optimum injection/production interaction by leading the evaluation of the recovery process at the pattern level.
- Collaboration with the Reservoir Engineer and the Geologist in replacement and development drilling project preparation.
- Providing technical support to various field operations process teams.
Desired skills and competencies for the position include:
- Strong Production Engineering skill set with a solid understanding of the well outflow system (rods/tubing/pump).
- Strong operational acumen with an understanding of producing operation practices.
- Working knowledge of well drilling, completion, and workover processes and techniques. Able to prepare well completion, workover, and maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with well and reservoir surveillance. Able to recognize performance deficiencies and develop solutions to mitigate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to interact with a high performing multi-disciplinary engineering / operations team.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Bachelor of Science or higher engineering degree with preference given to mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or petroleum engineering graduates.
- Minimum of two years experience as a Production Engineer responsible for a rod pump lift system.
Aera Energy Services Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled