Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Product Development Scientist
at nestle USA
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18008063
This position is responsible for driving the development, innovation and renovation of ice cream products/processes/systems from inception through all stages of development under the I2L principles, method/tools and ways of working. The Senior Product Development Scientist will also provide strong scientific/technical guidance to team members and support projects to deliver innovative and competitive ice cream products/processes/systems in platform that he/she is leading in response to business and consumer needs.
- Proactively propose and drive new ideas/projects/methods to NPTC, SBUs and Operations aligned with consumer trends and/or business needs.
- Build and document knowledge about latest methods, trends and developments in relevant field of activity.
- Integrate basic knowledge (or knowledge from other fields) in the interpretation of the results.
- Explore breakthrough process or technology that are patentable.
- Actively promote I2L Mindset and ways of working (including system).
- Develop Master Recipe and process in collaboration with engineers that are robust and highly adaptable to factory environment.
- Recommend, plan and deliver technical and scientific support for NPTC Ice Cream projects as well as common projects with other NPTC/NDC/NDU and/or NRC, and/or Markets.
- Lead and manage knowledge building and business related project activities with a proactive participation.
- Present results/methods in written and oral form to interested parties or visitors.
- Ensure I2L project execution using I2L ways of working and tools, ensuring on-time, on-costs delivery of projects.
- Provide accurate and on-time support to markets with effective (quality, cost and on-time) and sustainable solutions.
- Give operational support to customers, assistance in industrialization start-ups and product improvements following the technical assistance way of working.
People and Know-How
- Integrate Scientific, Technology, Quality and Safety and Environment knowledge into business.
- Develop related tools and competencies in the domain of activity.
- Actively participate in expert network to promote cross-fertilization between different sites.
- Coach and guide younger project team members.
- Provide competency development and coaching to global Application (AG) Ice cream Team.
Reports directly to I2L Functional Lead/Development Manager.
This individual does not have any direct reports but should be able to lead/mentor team members in projects that he/she is leading.
- Master's degree in Dairy/Food Science required, Ph.D. preferred
- 5 year experience working in R&D or Application Group required
- Knowledge of Ice Cream formulation and ingredients highly preferred
- Ability to communicate and relate to business partners and other cross-functional team is desirable
- Person should be dynamic and flexible enough to adapt to fast pace commercialization needs of projects under his/her responsibilities
- Project Management
- Ability to challenge and influence key stakeholders
- Grow talent and Coaching